Product added to cart
Trainee Service Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our engineering team as a Trainee Service Engineer. As a member of our team, you will play an instrumental role in assisting our customers in achieving their goals. Our engineers are dedicated to delivering excellent customer service to a variety of customers, including bespoke gym spaces and nationwide gyms. Working alongside experienced engineers on the road you will learn how to diagnose faults, repair units, service machines, and complete administrative tasks related to this. You will be trained in building and commissioning of units for installations across the country, as well as building a knowledge of parts and units within the Origin Fitness range.
Reports to: Service Manager
Location: Edinburgh (must be able to travel)
Salary: £18,0000 - £24,000
Contract Type: Permanent
We are an innovative company with a strong vision to be the best commercial fitness equipment supplier in the UK. We are passionate about delivering the best customer experience and pride ourselves on building lasting relationships with our customers.>
Our core company values drive our strategy and behaviours, creating a positive culture within the business. Find out more about the company by visiting our vision and values.
The Service Department play a critical role in achieving our business objectives, by ensuring that we service customer faults or complaints reported across the UK.
As a successful applicant, you will be routinely customer-facing and required to travel across the country. Therefore, a willingness to travel is required. This role also includes regular and intensive manual labour-based tasks where strength and stamina are key.
- Working alongside the existing field engineer team and service team to complete repairs jobs and meet personal and team Key Performance Indicators of First Time Fix and 48 Hour Call Out.
- Learn to service equipment, accurately diagnose faults, perform scheduled maintenance and recommend necessary parts to ensure machines are in top working order.
- Build and commission units for installations.
- Installation of customer gym flooring.
- Learn to manage quarantine equipment and maintain housekeeping to a high standard.
- Ensure timely completion of all administrative tasks related to the job.
- Effective time management and organisation to ensure timely arrival and preparedness at the customers’ location.
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers when on site.
- Developing technical knowledge, skill and experience to become a subject matter expert across a wide range of equipment.
- Maintain housekeeping to a high standard.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Possess an engineering qualification or have studied engineering principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and adapt to new situations.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work confidently in a team or as an individual.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Hold a Full UK driver’s license for over 1 year.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and other computer skills.
- Manual handling and lifting will be required. Training will be provided.
- Keen to learn and develop new skills.
Find out more at originfitness.com/working-at-origin.
How to Apply
Think you're the right fit? We'd love to hear from you!
Please head over to indeed.com and begin your application.