Purchasing and Logistics Manager
Role: Purchasing and Logistics Manager
Starting Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 /year
Hours of work: 9am to 5:30pm
Location: Newbridge, car parking provided
Origin Fitness specialises in providing the best in Fitness Equipment along with expertise in gym design, installation and customer service. Origin Fitness are striving to be the best to work for and the best to work with.
Our values drive our behaviours which create a strong positive culture here at Origin Fitness. Find out more about the company by visiting; www.originfitness.com/about-us
Reporting to the Operation Manager, this is a fundamental role within the UK and International supply chain and plays a key part in our mission to ensure we supply the best customer service and best range of products.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of the purchasing process, some price and contract negotiating with UK and International clinets
- Managing the logistic operations, including arranging for quality checks of incoming goods and ensurign supplies are delivered on time
- Manage stock requirments and stock levels, ensuring the adequate stock and lead time information is communicated accurately and regularly
- Develop and implement purchasing polices with senior management
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams to determine best vendors and distributors and maintain and develop these relationships
- Ensure supply chain KPIs are met; stock holding correct, goods in transit are correct
- Suggest solutions for process improvements and cost solving initiatives
- Oversee and improve on processes and methods to gather supply chain data
- Design and implement necessary supply chain optimization projects
- Develop requirements and standards for our suppliers
- Analyse, optimize, and oversee inventory procedures
- Commitment to uncovering the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules
- Ensuring purchasing integrates into new product development projects
- • Assess vendor operations (e.g. freight) according to quality benchmarks and standards
- Team Player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Good memory recall
- Interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to motivate others
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Purchasing and Logistics role
- Good Computer literacy (word, excel, email etc)
- An awareness of customer care
- Ability to communicate at all levels externally and internally
- Ability to plan and deal with unexpected changes
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of consumer goods industry
- Previous use of Salesforce beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of the fitness sector beneficial but not essential
- Staff Management experience
Why join Origin Fitness?
- An Investors in People employer
- Training and support
- Career development
- Opportunities to diversify and specialise your skills
- A lively and open work environment
- Free staff gym at head office
- Free staff car park at head office
- 28 days annual leave
- A joint contributory pension scheme.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in employment and follow an equal opportunities policy.
How to apply
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview. No agencies please.
Working at Origin Fitness
To find out more about working at Origin Fitness check out the sections below. We're always on the hunt for talented individuals, so even if you don't see a suitable vacancy, please send us your CV to email@example.com.
Find out more about who we are, and what we do at Origin Fitness.
Check out the latest Origin Fitness news and press releases.
Find out a bit more about what it's like to work at Origin Fitness.