Product added to cart
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our engineering team. As a member of our team, you will play an instrumental role in assisting our customers in achieving their goals. Our engineers are dedicated to delivering excellent customer service to a variety of customers, including bespoke gym spaces and nationwide gyms. The successful candidate will be responsible for diagnosing faults, installing, servicing, and repairing gym equipment such as treadmills, bikes, and strength machines across the country, as well as completing all associated administrative tasks. The work will be varied, challenging, and rewarding, and the candidate will have the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge of parts and units within the Origin Fitness range in a supportive and professional environment. They will work both independently and alongside our current experienced engineers and be a key member of the team.
Reports to: Service Manager
Location: Edinburgh (must be able to travel)
Salary: £29,0000 - £31,500
Contract Type: Permanent
We are an innovative company with a strong vision to be the best commercial fitness equipment supplier in the UK. We are passionate about delivering the best customer experience and pride ourselves on building lasting relationships with our customers.>
Our core company values drive our strategy and behaviours, creating a positive culture within the business. Find out more about the company by visiting our vision and values.
The Service Department play a critical role in achieving our business objectives, by ensuring that we service customer faults or complaints reported across the UK.
As a successful applicant, you will be routinely customer-facing and required to travel across the country. Therefore, a willingness to travel is required. This role also includes regular and intensive manual labour-based tasks where strength and stamina are key.
- Working within the existing team to meet personal and team Key Performance Indicators of First Time Fix and 48 Hour Call Out.
- Service equipment, accurately diagnose faults, perform scheduled maintenance and recommend necessary parts to ensure machines are in top working order.
- Build and commission units for installations.
- Installation of customer gym flooring.
- Manage quarantine equipment and maintain housekeeping to a high standard.
- Ensure timely completion of all administrative tasks related to the job.
- Effective time management and organisation to ensure timely arrival and preparedness at the customers’ location.
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers when on site.
- Developing technical knowledge, skill and experience to become a subject matter expert across a wide range of equipment.
- Maintain housekeeping to a high standard.
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience with electro/ mechanical units or servicing/ repairing various cardio and strength fitness machines.
- Possess an engineering qualification or have studied engineering principles.
- Possess an understanding of testing methodologies to diagnose faults.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and adapt to new situations.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work confidently in a team or as an individual.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Hold a Full UK driver’s license and be able to drive vans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and other computer skills.
- Manual handling and lifting will be required. Full training will be provided.
Find out more at originfitness.com/working-at-origin.
How to Apply
Think you're the right fit? We'd love to hear from you!
Please head over to indeed.com and begin your application.